* 17 December 1925: Elizabeth Alexandra Mary is born in London to the Duke and Duchess of York. She is the sixth child and ninth daughter of the Duke and Duchess.
* 1924: Mary, Duchess of York marries King George VI. They live in Kensington Palace.
* 1933: After the abdication of her uncle Edward VIII, King George VI marries Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Elizabeth, in Westminster Abbey.
* 1966: Queen Elizabeth II moves to Buckingham Palace. She moves to Buckingham Palace because, in keeping with tradition, her new title was automatically changed to the Queen Consort. After the passing of the 15th amendment, in 1967 the UK became a republic.
* 1985: Her Majesty becomes Queen for Life.
* 1998: Elizabeth II becomes Defender of the Faith. Her royal Highness The Duchess of York is given the title The Princess of Wales.
* 2000: Elizabeth II celebrates her 50th year on the throne.
* 2002: Elizabeth II makes her historic journey on the royal train from Westminster Abbey to Holyroodhouse, Scotland, the first time she has ever travelled in a rail carriage for an official visit.
* 2005: The Duke and Duchess of York announce their separation, entering a civil partnership.
* 2008: Elizabeth II celebrates her 60th year on the throne, after the accession of her eldest son Charles to the throne.
* 2010: Elizabeth II marks a decade on the throne.